Social Insurance Premium Rates valid as of January 1 2012
1) The minimum assessment basis = for the period from January 1 2012 until December 31 2012 is determined for compulsorily insured self -employed person and voluntarily insured person in the amount 44.2% of one twelfth of the general assessment basis for the calendar year preceding by two years the calendar year when the social insurance premium is paid, i.e. 339.89 €. The minimum assessment basis for the employee is as of January 2010 not regulated for the purposes of social insurance. However, the employer is legally liable to remunerate the employee in compliance with legal provisions on minimum wage.
2) The maximum assessment basis valid as of January 1 2012:
- sickness insurance, guarantee insurance = 1, 153.50 €
-pension insurance, unemployment insurance, Reserve Fund of Solidarity = 3, 076.00 €
As of February 2012 the following is applicable:
A person who is voluntarily sickness insured and pension insured person, who is also voluntarily insured for the purposes of unemployment determines the assessment basis in legally established limits himself/herself.
A person who is voluntarily pension insured and voluntarily unemployment insured determines the assessment basis in legally established limits himself/herself.
A person who is voluntarily pension insured or voluntarily unemployment insured determines the assessment basis in legally established limits himself/herself.
As long the person pays premium for voluntary pension insurance, he/she is also obliged to pay premium into the Reserve Fund of Solidarity.
The voluntarily insured person for purposes of sickness, pension and unemployment can change the assessment basis earliest after elapsing the period of six months from the latest assessment basis determination by the person concerned, whereby the premium from the newly defined assessment basis is paid as of the first calendar month following the month when the change was announced in writing to the Social Insurance Agency.
6) As of January 1 2012 the employer pays accident insurance premium representing 0.8% of the assessment basis of an employee
7) The accident insurance premium must be added to the total amount of premium. It is calculated from the real assessment basis of an employee due to the fact that the assessment basis for paying accident insurance premium is not limited by the highest amount.
* For the purposes of accident and guarantee insurance is considered to be the employer also a natural or legal person for whom the employee performs work based on labour contracts related to work performed outside the labour relationship.
** The invalidity insurance premium is not paid:
by the insuree who is pension insured after awarding the old age or early old age pension,
by the employer on behalf of employee who is pension insured after awarding the old age or early old age pension.
*** The unemployment insurance does not relate to:
the employee according to a special decree (e.g. Art. 102 para 2 of Act No. 385/2000 Coll. of laws on Judges and Cojudices as amended by later regulations in wording of Act. No. 517/2008 Coll. of laws, Art. 146 para 3 of Act No. 154/2001 Coll. of laws on Prosecutors and Notarial Candidates of Prosecution),
the accused of crime in detention and accused of crime in jail,
the natural person who has been awarded the old age pension, early old age pension or invalidity pension due to decreased ability to perform gainful activity by more that 70% and the natural person who has been awarded invalidity pension or has reached the pensionable age.
Note: The assessment basis is rounded to the nearest Euro cent direction down. The amount of premium for respective types of insurance and premium for the Reserve Fund of Solidarity from the assessment base is determined independently. Respective premium amounts are rounded to the nearest Euro cents direction down.